My professional goal is to write concise effective documentation that is user friendly, and at the same time maintains a clean aesthetic design. I can show your business how to identify and implement technical communications to reduce customer support calls and increase product usability.
What can a technical writer do for your company?
Technical communication, technical writing, or information development is the process of simplifying complex technical jargon into clear and understandable information to those who need it. A technical communicator can improve a customer’s relationship with company products. Enhancing and supporting products can make the difference between a customer enjoying to use a product and deciding to go with another brand.
Technical communicators can also offer a wide range of services beyond writing the actual documentation:
- Gather information from subject matter experts
- Analyze purpose, context, and organization of information
- Presentation and appearance of a document
- Write to the target user
- Edit for accuracy and enhance details
- Reuse content and use an agile workplace system
- Design diagrams, charts, and images
- Usability testing and acting as a product expert
- Social Media management
- Instructional design and training materials
- Develop marketing materials
- Organize and create indices
- Information architecture
- Plan interface content in software
- Creating wordpress websites
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Creating clearly labeled names and tags for internal software
- Work with Illustrator, Photoshop and graphics